[pct-l] Geocaching

Amy Goodrich wrote:

> [ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
>
> ...All the discussion on GPS stuff (well, what has slipped through the roaring
> of the S&R debate...:) got me thinking about the importance of good, working
> knowledge of your equipment, including GPSes.  Does anyone on this list do
> Geocaching?  I just discovered this whole network recently and I can't imagine
> a better way to get out there and fine-tune your navigation skills.
>
> So far I've only tackled a few relatively urban caches, but I'm curious just
> how remote caching can get... anyone else more experienced out there?
>
> **A**

	I've been involved since September, when I got a Garmin. I don't have
hundreds under my belt like some cachers, but my numbers are respectable
for my corner of the world
(http://www.geocaching.com/profile/default.asp?A=73340).

	I've done a number of both urban and rural caches; both have their
advantages. Like you say, it truly helps hone one's ability to navigate
(or learn just how much you still need practice).

	Ron
--

must preside at our assemblies.
	William O. Douglas