[pct-l] Planning ahead

--
In a message dated 12/3/2002 1:13:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dave@dalbey.org writes:

> So here's question #1... If I had a two week vacation next summer what would
> be your recommendation for hike to give me "a taste of the trail" , doesn't
> have to be on the PCT but something to clue a weekend hiker in to the
> routine.

Wow, there are so many great sections you can do on a two week vacation!

One that allows some travel and fudge time to and from Portland and has lots
of great views would be section P in northen California.  It runs from Castle
Crags State Park to Etna Summit and is about a 100 miles.  After the long
climb from Castle Crags it's not a difficult a section. Don't miss, and plan
to stay at beautful Porcupine Lake on day three.

I'm sure the others can make some more suggestions, but this is a great hike!

Sly