[pct-l] Rescue/CA fishing license

In a message dated 12/3/02 6:54:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,
calliger@infolane.com writes:

<< high end of the gene pool survives and
 betters the species!! always!! Mother Nature will have her due!! >>
So, what is bettering the species. Passing on physical or mental traits. Is
it better to evolve into Incredible Green Hulks of the WWW who bash their way
through life or handicapped but brilliant Steven Hawkings types who ponder
their way through it? (And discover things that truly aid our species) And
shouldn't  aggression be considered a desirable trait? After all, in most
species it is the most aggressive individual who passes on his genes. Doesn't
Natural Selection make aggression the norm by weeding out wimps? Or does the
fact that we have the power to consciously and  deliberately interfere with
the process make weeding out the "unfit" unnecessary, and even barbaric. Must
have pondered all this somewhere along the PCT