[pct-l] (Guest Post) Definition of "thru-hiker"

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Dustin Ballard <dballard30@yahoo.com>.
* Please use <mailto:dballard30@yahoo.com> to reply to the sender.

My wife angela and I are veterans of PCT 2000 (Foxtail and Lodgepole pine).=
 We are currently working on a book about our experience -- to be published=
 by the Mountaineers in fall 2003. We want to include a discussion of the t=
erm "thru-hiker". We realize that there are many different conceptions of t=
his and no right answer. Everyone should be encouraged to "hike their own h=
ike". However, we would like to get a sampling of opinion from members of t=
his list.
Also, we have been looking for a list of successfull "thru-hikers" from yea=
r 2000. If anyone out there has one, we'd greatly appreciate the info.

thanks
Duffy "Lodgepole Pine" Ballard