[pct-l] It's All About Fun

--
Let there be peace!

One of the basic tenants of hiking is "hike your own hike".
Another is "One man's meat is another man's poison" <=3D=3D I stole that!

Each of us no doubt holds strong feelings regarding certain pieces of our g=
ear. What works for me won't necessarily work for you and vice versa.

I've only got 2000 miles under my boots, mostly on the PCT, but my experien=
ce suggests to me that the finest, most expensive alpine mountaineering gea=
r in the world is worse than useless in a desert environment. also, only a =
fool would use a tarp on an 8000 meter trip. You have to match the gear to =
the environment AND to the skill level of the person using it. Paraphrasing=
 Jardine, going with less requires greater skill and confidence in one's ab=
ilities to handle the unexpected.

Wandering Bob