[pct-l] PCT '03 & Lonely Trail in OR, WA

In a message dated 6/5/02 4:04:57 PM, kborski@yahoo.com writes:

<< Any input
into the issue of loneliness for the PCT thru-hiker in
Oregon and Washington would be appreciated.  >>

Is this the Nocona of Nocona and Bald Eagle who were "sponsored" by Gorp in
2000 in exchange for an on line journal?
  I dealt with the loneliness by keeping busy, either by hiking, planning or
doing camp chores. I cannot really remember any loneliness on my thru hike.
Staying in camp alone for more than one night produces loneliness for me. But
if I keep moving, planning, doing, there's not much room for loneliness.
   Knowing others are cheering you on helps a lot, too
     I like to keep a balance between hiking alone and hiking with others.
That way I'm comfortable in either situation