[pct-l] snakes

> of the 10,000 or so venomous
snakebites anually, only about 2 are fatal

In the US, fatality isn't really the issue.    A venom injection will
put an end to your hiking for that year, and depending on how much venom
and how quickly antivenin, for a number of months to come.    The afflicted
tissue turns black and sloughs off, according to the rather gross slides
I had to see during advanced first aid class thirty years ago.
It's usually either the foot or the hand.

So don't walk too lightly, listen carefully, and give them plenty of room.
Last year at ADZ I think we saw 2-3 each hiking day.    Nobody got bit
or even attacked.