[pct-l] national snow cover map

A few days ago someone posted a satellite image with snow cover. It was interesting and I started scouting around. I just found this web page:
 http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/SNOW/DATA/LOOP/usa-1mo-loop.html
that contains a loop of images for the last month. I watched the loop a couple of times and I cannot believe that the snow coverage changes that fast.

Can any of you people in the mountains verify that this loop contains accurate information?

Ken
(who will be on the CDT in 10 days)

multipart/alternative
  text/html