[pct-l] snakes

I would definitely be more concerned about tics than snakes.

I have been camping in the dessert of the western United States for
many years now.  I have never been very close to being bitten by a
snake.  I have seen plenty, but just been cautious and calm, and
never had any problems.

I don't carry a snake bite kit.  In my _opinion_ (which is worth what
it is costing you to read it), you can never prepare for everything
that you will encounter in the wilderness - that's what makes
it "wilderness". If I was gonna carry a snake bite kit, then I might
as well also take: splints (various sizes) in case I break my leg,
and ace bandage in case I sprain my ankle, a eye patch in case I
scratch my cornea, a mouth piece in case I trip and fall on my face
and chip my tooth, etc, etc.

If you are an extremely cautious person and it will make you feel
better to have one "just in case", then take one.  At least it will
make you feel better, and that is reason enough.

peace,
dude