[pct-l] Live update from the the PCT! Tyrek Tarp results tested!!

 Had a fun trip last night on the Eagle Creek Trail in Northern Oregon this
weekend!  Hiked with Tripod, Dawn, Bluefoot, Jonthan Ley and future PCT hiker
Snowlepard, the Rick and Debbie from my work. Water was the most I've ever
seen on this trail. Waterfalls were the best ever! My Tyrek tarp worked very
well! ( But as Charlie pointed out, noisy) Hard rain sounds like B.B'S on a
tin roof !!! ( Exactly) I still had one of the wettest nights of my life
thanks to my poor choice of tarp set up location. Ground was very saturrated
and soon after the downpour started, I had a small lake under my ground tarp.
( As did everyone else) By 3:00a.m , my down sleeping bag was soaked and I
started to shiver. Had a quick cup of cocoa with my trusty alcohol stove and
had a bit to eat.  Also put my rainpants on and warmed up enough to rest till
first light) Up at 6:30a.m. and on the trail at 6:55 for a non-stop hike back
to the warmth of the van and the promise of hot coffee at the restraunt!!!
Trail was nearly impassable in a couple spots due to high water.  NO_DOUGHT
UP HERE all you desert dwellers( Brick, Tom , Greg, Pat , Paul, Donna,
Charlie, Bob) See you in a few weeks!!!!! Mad Monte alias " Drown Rat Dodge"

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---