[pct-l] need some help

I am trying to reduce my pack weight as much as possible for my up =
coming four night trip from Lake Morena (yes, I will be at the ADZ) to =
about the upper Chariot Canyon Rd. off of Hwy.78=20

(1) Can tuna packed in water be removed from the can and last a few days =
in my pack (in that area where is will be warm...hot?)?  (2) Misquotes =
eat me alive, but, with the dry desert air, will I need insect =
repellent? (3) I know it's been a drought year in southern CA, =
regardless, does the end of April usually bring a large chance of rain?

Any/all feedback greatly welcomed. I am a moderately experienced hiker =
and will be w/some other gals from Washington. They are slowing their =
pace to accommodate my 10 mile +/- miles/day (thank heavens).  "Hike =
your own hike."

JoAnn

"Use what talents you have: the woods would have little music if no =
birds sang their song except those who sang best."

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---