[pct-l] 1969 PCT

The date you mentioned was 1971 when, gosh I was only 15 years old and
also when I began collecting information on the PCT. I still have the
National Geographic article from the June '71 issue where the PCT was
the lead feature story and still a very broken and primitive trail. I
greatly enjoy looking back at the photos from that 30 year-ago
article... the big boy scout canvas-looking backpacks with clearly
visible metal waist buckles... you know, just like the one I was also
using back then! And one of the tents in a photo looks like a small puff
of air might blow it right off the mountain. A couple of hiker's look
like something directly out of Woodstock, but I didn't notice anyone
hiking in bell bottom's.

I love to look back at the trail's history because like "they" say, you
don't know where you're going if you don't know where you've been!
Thanks for sharing your find.

Dave