[pct-l] inner speed demon

I have a favorite quote, found it at the water stash
(thanks to Amigos parents :) in the Hat Creek rim
section, in 2000:

In the end you find no one wins, and that the race was
only with yourself.

when that "inner speed demon" is afflicting me, the
quote brings back sanity

So, the race being only with oneself, the mileage data
is a personal thing, and no one really cares how fast
or slow a person has hiked. The only thing that
matters is honesty and integrity, and if you have
enough candy bars to get you into town.

Brawny

=====
A  taste of the wilderness is better than a platter of civilization. To walk in the wilderness is freedom--
http://www.trailquest.net
Please note the change of website address.  Thank you.