[pct-l] Choosing a hiking dog

Mad Monte would do if you would ease your weight restrictions.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marion Davison [mailto:mardav@charter.net]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 11:00 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Choosing a hiking dog

I am planning to shop the pound for a new young dog, to be a home
protector and hiking companion for me.  I prefer dogs in the 70 to 100
pound range.  Can anyone recommend a breed or mix that loves to hike,
can handle high elevations and distances of 10 to 18 miles per day, is a
loyal and loving companion, not too hyper, and can get along with cats
and llamas?
Marion Davison