From: Max Pierson [mailto:maxpi_44@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 1:12 PM
To: Crest Trail Pacific
Subject: [pct-l] IN SHAPE?

I want to get in shape for some extended hiking, am
walking a fast mile every other day with one of my
buddies at work just for minimal exercise. Every
journal I have read (all two or three) went like this:
day1, went 16 miles... Ankle/knee/hip pain.. Day two:
my friends carried me in a litter... I'm exaggerating
a lot here of course but I'm wondering if I work up to
4.5 fast miles every day (three times around our
favorite route) will I be in shape to start out and
hike perhaps 10 to 15 miles with a pack?

Max

=====
This is an official message from the Lake Los Angeles chapter of the
Christian Fun Brigade of which I serve as main spokesman. Members include
Leslie and Marion, and don't forget Charlie and Cleo whose duties include
barking at delivery people and big bad dogs on T.V.