[pct-l] IN SHAPE?

At 01:11 PM 10/4/01, you wrote:
>  I'm wondering if I work up to
>4.5 fast miles every day (three times around our
>favorite route) will I be in shape to start out and
>hike perhaps 10 to 15 miles with a pack?

Not a chance. You need to go longer at least one day a week.

Maybe give yourself two days rest during the week, and add the mileage to
one day on the weekend, so you do 15 miles on Saturday.

If you are short on time, join a Beginning Marathon Training program and
run during your training. You will cover the same distance, but take 1/3
the time.

Try http://www.runnersworld.com/training/mara_rw_off_beg.html

--
Brick Robbins                       mailto:brick@fastpack.com