[pct-l] photon/LED flashlights

The PHOTON light I got was from REI and did have small screws to open the
unit. We changed the battery, but boy did you need good eye site, a steady
hand, a flat clean surface, and lots of luck. Tiny, tiny, tiny. But, still
the best thing going.

I too had a Maglite Solitare. Although the batteries are easy to get, when
the bulb burned out I had a real problem finding new bulbs. Even in Lake
Tahoe. So, for sure, get extra bulbs before you head out.

Oh yes, unless you hike into the night or like to read when it is dark, you
really don't need much extra lighting until you get into Washington and the
shorter day light hours.