[pct-l] Yosemite

Hi there,
I know, this hasn`t really do anything with the PCT, but it is close to the
PCT, and I am sure that someone has an answer to my question. Two of my
friends will fly to America soon and they are thinking about going to
Yosemite Nationalpark at the begin of May. Now I am not sure if the Tioga
Pass will be open around this time or not because of the snow. Is it
possible to drive over this pass at the begin of May, and how about going to
Yosemite Valley? If the pass isn`t open they have to drive around a looong
way. And if they know that it`s close they can plan their little journey
different.

I hope to get some answers also off-list. Happy hiking

Claudia
alias Swiss Miss