[pct-l] alcohol on trail

Every year is different. Seems like the fuel of choice changes and the
stores carry different things.

You probably will find something at each stop - for a price, maybe a big
one. But, I also I remember looking several times and didn't find any. The
big cities will have it (Big Bear, So. Lake Tahoe, etc.). Surprisingly, many
gas stations didn't carry any. To be sure, we mailed ourselves the fuel, so
it never was a problem.  The same with other types of fuel other than white
gas. Propane cartridges were often not the ones I could use (Giga Power
type); but there were pleanty of Camping Gaz old style.

Marshall Karon, ALDHA-West