[pct-l] Re: Southern Section and Immigrant Worries

John writes >>As the saying goes, "you are comparing apples and oranges".
The
"illegals" are invading the US for their economic gain. We seek nothing
more that they stay out of the US; much like your family wished the
Nazis would have stayed out of the Netherlands.

The US and North America is NOT alone in this. According to news
reports, much of Europe has similar problems with "illegals" entering
the wealthier countries to enrich themselves. <<

John, quite frankly your comments strike me as being either damn naive or
racist. Since I don't know you, I'll just assume you're just naive.

People come to the US for all kinds of reasons and doing so for economic
gain is not necessarily a bad one. After all you're here aren't you? Why do
you think your ancestors came over? Did they receive a silver plated
invitation? I don't think so.

Hell mine come over in the mid to early 1600's when no one lived here but
the Indians. I doubt that the Indians were plastering giant road signs all
over Europe talking about what a great place this was to settle in. "Come
quick, Free Land While it Last!"

On  top of that most of those who come across the border do so because we
want them. If we didn't give them jobs that no one else wanted, they
wouldn't be here. I don't remember reading any emails from you talking about
what a hard day you had picking berries in the field.

The fact is if all the "Illegal's" were sent home, the negative effects on
the economies of California, Oregon and Washington would be far greater than
what's being experienced by the current energy crisis.

Do they utilize the services such as medical, etc.? Sure they do. But next
time you pickup a bunch of grapes at the store, ask yourself how much more
you'd be willing to pay so that the person that picked them could make a
decent enough wage to pay for health insurance.

There is no such thing as a free lunch! You'll either pay for it directly or
through the back door. You choose!

Ron
Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
http://www.fallingwater.com/