[pct-l] Kamp Anza 2001

I've been in communication with Paul and Pat, of Hiker's Oasis in Kamp
Anza.  Due to the Kamp's unwillingness to supply water to the the Oasis,
and the drying of up their existing well, Pat and Paul have moved down
the road apiece.  Their message to me reads,  (reprinted w/ permission)

..."We are at a much larger place, about a mile from kamp anza.  We have
been really busy, trying to get t hings straightened around,  but since
we have had so much rain and snow, and being old, it takes longer to do
things then it used to. We are cutting back this year on what we can do
for the hikers, because we don't have an area fixed up for them yet.  We
have plenty of area, and our landlord said it is okay with him, one of
the problems is bathroom facilities.  So guess we are not going to be
able to do a lot. We think that there is a way to come here from the
trail, that is a lot closer, walking a mostly straight line from the
trail to here, but we need a hiker to come and check this out, as
neither of us are in any shape to do it.  We are trying to find who has
the property between here and the trail, to get permission for the
hikers to use the easement area if that is necessary. we think that may
work.  People around here are usually pretty hiker friendly...Kamp Anza
is of course open for hikers, but there is not anyone over there that
will take care of the hikers like we did....If you know of any good
hearted hikers who might like to volunteer to
help put in some grass, we have the area, and a tractor for leveling,
just need some strong backs for a little pre season work.  We would sure
like to get Hiker's Oasis up and running.  Hopefully this year, but for
sure next year.  But of course if hikers care to come by, they are
always welcome, and we are glad to see them, and will do whatever we can
to help them under our limited conditions....We still have the same
phone numbers, 909-763-4421  or 0606....we will be putting water on the
trail again this year."

You may send E-Mail to them at

            thebear1@jps.net

Eckert