[pct-l] Campo or Manning

Mary - actually you LOSE 885 feet of elevation if you start in Manning and go
to Campo (using a VERY large increment integral sum method of elevation
calculation). All kidding aside, it may be a good year for a North to South
hike depending on the weather the next four weeks. Only 60% of snowpack so
far but--- A very big storm is blowing through right now that should be worth
2 to 3 feet of snow above 4000'. (That's why I'm in here on my imac instead
of outdoors.) Most people go South to North because the snow usually melts in
Cal long before it does in the Washington Cascades