From: Joanne Lennox [mailto:goforth@cio.net]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 11:55 PM
To: SArnoldiv@aol.com; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Weather for class o' 2001

kthe story this year is not the Sierras but the southern terminus of the
PCT.  There appears to be more snow in the san grigorios and in the Big
Bear area than in most of the Sierras.

The only site that I have been able to find that deals with this area is

	http://www.nohrsc.nws.gov/quiklook/westql.shtml

they stopped monitoring the snow levels down there.  The problem with the
site is that the satellite pictures are no good if there is cloud cover in
the area you are interested in.  And for some reason the site switched from
last  fridays images to the weds before that, and dropped the s.desert
area. But I can tell you the San grabriels, San griogorios, the Big bear
area and San Jacinto appearred in the green to blue range that puts the
snow level somewhere near 100 inches.   Varying from spring to spring but
it seems that 30 inches of snow melt a month is about average.  3 months?

Hay what do some of you Californian see out there!

Goingforth with Cat

://mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/pct-l