[pct-l] ear plugs no mas

>    P.S. I avoided the 2 or 3 shelters on the PCT and avoid car campgrounds
>full of drunken "LET'S PARTY" types like the plague they are. I am also fully
>aware of the differences between "normal" camping sounds (talking, cooking,
>chopping wood, kids playing) and inconsiderate ones such as drunken yelling
>and playing loud music all night

While camping in Victoria, BC (seems Canadians *love* to car map) I was kept
awake until about 2AM from a group of people on the hill above me. I put my
clothes
on and walked right into their camp and told them straight out that people
are trying
to sleep and if they want to party then go home. At first they were
bewildered then
shocked. Needless to say I didn't hear them the rest of the night.

I too have extreme views about noise pollution. Go to a movie with me and
you'll
never have a problem with people talking. I don't tolerate that and I do a
dam good
job of publicly humiliating anyone who does annoy the rest of us.

It's a sad shame that the rest of society just deals with it, most likely
out of fear.

As for snoring, try living with my parents. Even on a cruise ship,
separated by
another room, I could hear them snore at night :-). Some people truly can't
help
it.

Jim