From: CMountainDave@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2001 9:18 AM
To: pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] ear plugs no mas

If you meet my consideration of being inconsiderate I'll tell you off. It=
's
as simple as that. You can tell me till your blue in the face that
"inconsiderate" is a relative term but I've got my ear plugs on. Like the
judge said, "I can't define obscenity, but I know it when I see it." One =
of
the reasons I go backpacking is to get away from all the inconsiderate je=
rks
that live in the city that play loud music till 3A.M., go target practici=
ng
in the nearby woods and let their dogs bark all day while they're at work=
.
They used to blow smoke in my face at restaurants too but people spoke up=
 and
at least put an end to that. Others must feel the same. Why else would no=
ise
ordinances be enacted? I'm sure smokers believe non smokers meet their
definition of "inconsiderate." I say "So what." Ditto for snowmobilers, d=
irt
and mountain bikers who must feel that the 1964 Wilderness Act is mighty
inconsiderate because it stops them from enjoying themselves in all the p=
urty
places. I'm just not going to put up with it in the wilderness. I'm going=
get even instead and if anyone doesn't like my perception of inconsiderat=
ion
they can choose to avoid me instead of the other way around. Lines in the
sand must sometimes just be made. Imposing radios on people trying to enj=
oy
the sounds of nature in the wilderness is one of them. If you disagree yo=
u'll
just have to not like me. Oh well!! I'm certain there's plenty of people =
who
aren't quite as vocal as me who agree with me on this issue
   P.S. I avoided the 2 or 3 shelters on the PCT and avoid car campground=
full of drunken "LET'S PARTY" types like the plague they are. I am also f=
ully
aware of the differences between "normal" camping sounds (talking, cookin=
g,
chopping wood, kids playing) and inconsiderate ones such as drunken yelli=
ng
and playing loud music all night
                     Hostile, "The last angry man" Mountain Dave