[pct-l] Re: PCT-L digest, Vol 1 #68 - 25 msgs

d111@mail.jps.net (david paulson) wrote:
>    Side note: can anyone recommend a one week backpack trip in Colorado?
>My girlfriend will be along so 10 mile days (not 35mpd :-)) will be our
>average. Thanks.

Dave -
I don't have a map handy, but it seems to me that there are a couple nice
loops that can be done out of Silverton (on the west side of the Weminuche).
  Or possibly something like - fly into Durango, take the train to
Silverton,  go in from one of the trailheads east of Silverton, follow the
CDT south to Wolf Creek Pass and then hitch back to Durango. But I'm not
sure about the mileage on that one - it could be longer than you're looking
for.  Don't mind me -- we won't have time to do more than a week-long hike
this year so we're looking too.

Walk softly,
Jim