[pct-l] Re: ADZPCTKO

Don and Leslie,

Thanks for asking about the ADZ and for offering to help.  The events are
currently as follows:

Lake Morena, Friday, early AM, April 27th, several supporters will ferry
hikers with day packs or full packs, depending upon their hiking capability,
(leaving their main gear at Lake Morena) to the border to hike back to Lake
Morena that day or the next.

Lake Morena, Friday, mid afternoon, water stashing coordination and other
trail support coordination discussions.

Saturday, April 28th, early AM, same as Friday early AM above.

Saturday, late afternoon, more supporters will drive to Hauser Cnyn to pick
up those hikers that have reached that far and wish to attend the ADZ, pick
them up and drive them back to Lake Morena.

Lake Morena, Saturday, later afternoon, the ADZ festivities begin, starting
with preparation of the meal, beer and wine drinking, discussions of
equipment, experiences, personalities, adventures, etc.  Then after eating
and cleaning up the mess, the First Annual Great Pacific Long Distance Hiking
Gadget & Invention Revue (of course, the 1st AGPLDHG&IR, in the spirit of the
ADZPCTKO) will begin, wherein equipment, gadgets, stoves, tents, tarps, etc.,
etc. will be judged on creativity, usefulness, etc., all just for the fun of
it.  Immediately following the AGPLCHG&IR, photographs of the ADZ
participants and supports will be taken.  General ruminations will likely
continue among much argument long into the night around the campfire
thereafter.

Sunday, early AM, some supports will ferry hikers back to Hauser Canyon or to
the border to begin their hike.

Your help and participation in any or all of these events would be greatly
appreciated.  I will be arriving at Lake Morena mid morning on Friday.  Try
to find me if you want some direction, I'm 6'9" tall and therefore, easy to
find.

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel