[pct-l] alternate routes

I took a similar route from Lake Hughes but didn't walk the aqueduct.  Mine
started the same way by going over the ridge and passed the reservoir to
170th st. but then I just walked that road all the way to the end where it
turned into a dirt road and lead me back to the PCT at Cottonwood Creek ( Map
E 12 ).  This saved about a day and a half but I would not recommend it if it
is a really hot day with no wind to cool you down.  There is no shade along
this route and the road can get darn hot.  This by the way, was the original
route for the PCT before the trail was completed west of here.  Another
downside to taking this route is that you miss meeting Jack Fair.  I did and
I later heard that I missed meeting one of the most interesting people on the
PCT.

Gretzky

multipart/alternative
  text/html