RE: [pct-l] shoes

I think the secret of shoes is "Do what works for you". If your heavy
clodhoppers are working I would bring them.

I tried a pair of NB on less then 7 miles of the PCT [Hauser Canyon to Lake
Morena] and almost died. The lack of support was causing my feet to roll
inward. By the time I had reached the crest of Hauser Ridge, I could berely
walk. The next day I used my trusty Danner Boots and had no problem with
twice the distance.

On the other hand, several people have reported that switching to NB solved
the foot problems that they were having.

I would not assume that "Whatever I don't bring, I cannot use." It is
relatively simple to call a mail order house from the trail and have
replacement gear shipped to your next town stop.

To:            "'PCT POST'" <pct-l@backcountry.net>