Re: [pct-l] shoes

Hmmh, I am still wondering about this running shoes idea. I am very
prone to sprained ankles, even in my boots.

In Europe, most people continue to hike in heavy to very heavy boots.
There are even people (like my love) who hike in crampon-friendly
boots with very rigid soles even in almost flat country.

I would love to hike in running shoes, but as I will fly in from
Europe I cannot just 'go with the circumstances'. Whatever I don't
bring, I cannot use. So when I would find out that trail running
shoes are not for me, that would be too late to have my well-worn
leather hiking boots flown in... I am thinking about buying the NB
803's to try them out over here. I figure that if I don't wear them
on 'the big hike' I have some nifty sneakers for my daily life around
town...

As for the rest of the equipment, we probably will take too much and
ship home stuff from the first town stop. I just don't know what to
expect. I suppose our pack weight will get up to 35 lbs the first
couple of days and hopefully reduce after that.

Saskia

--
"If this is paradise, I wish I had a lawn mower"

To:            saskia.home@wanadoo.nl, pct-l@backcountry.net