Re: [pct-l] shoes

On the eighth day of a 25 day section hike on the CDT this summer I
turned my ankle badly enough to consider being horsed out for a couple
hours, before a convenient spring and a massive dose of ibuprofen allowed
me to walk six miles to a trailhead.

I didn't and don't want to give up my trusty NB 580s and a doctor gave me
a very lightweight, lace up ankle brace.  It has two stiff sheets of
plastic on either side of the ankle.  I can play raquetball now, and can
catch myself much earlier when the ankle fails...

Jeffrey Olson
Laramie, WY

To:            Jeffrey Olson <jjolson@uwyo.edu>, pct-l@backcountry.net