RE: [pct-l] Oregon section hike

If you have 30 days, I would suggest an early or mid August to early or mid
September.  The mosquito population usually dies down by mid August.  You
won't have to deal with snow at all, most years by then.  The weather,
unbenownst to most non-Oregonions is that September is one of Oregon's best
weather months - perhaps even better than July.

On the flip side though, higher chance of lightning storms to run through
the Cascades.  Dryer for water access (not that this is a major concern on
the Oregon portion though).

My two cents....Swoosh
There are a couple of things I am curious about and am hoping that those who
have
hiked through Oregon can lend some insight.  When would be the  best time to
the trip?.
...Kelly

To:            "Pct-l" <pct-l@backcountry.net>