Re: [pct-l] Oregon section hike

In mid July of '98, I hiked from the CA/OR border to Sisters, OR.  Everyday
was gorgeous. Never saw a drop of rain. I read someplace that the average
rainfall in July for OR is only .25 of an inch.  The mosquitoes were terrible
around the lakes, and the leeward side of any mtn. I was very thankful I
carried a tent to escape their fury during the evening. My hiking partner was
using a BD Megamid and I'd hear her slapping skeeters and the HUGE black
carpenter ants during the evening. Bring your headnet.  I'm sure you'll use
it in sections. We started on July 10th and had snow above 6,500 ft, running
into our first patch of along Observation Peak.
Cin

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---