Re: [pct-l] Oregon section hike

I went through Oregon in September and had day after day of perfect weather
and the skeeters were all gone. It did snow when I got to Mt. Hood in late
Sept. And stay at Callahans near Ashland if you can. Great food, great hosts
and you can stay in the hay loft for free. Don't expect to find anything more
than beer, potato chips and candy bars at the resorts from Ashland to Cascade
Locks, especially Hyatt Lake, Cascade Summit Elk Lake and Timberline Lodge.
Diamond Lake and Ollalie Lake were fairly well supplied. And beware the super
high prices for food at Crater Lake. Apparently they are trying to recover
the cost of replacing the lodge's failed septic system by scalping the
tourists. Send packages everywhere if you can