[pct-l] new book on PCT

Hi, all -- am back on line again after a summer hiking in Europe (and
September was spent digging out my office after a summer's worth of
accumulated garbage).

I hope you don't mind the commercial nature of this announcement, but  I
think folks on this list might want to know that Dan's and my new book, The
Pacific Crest Trail: A Hiker's Companion, (Countryman press) is out. It
divides the trail into 18 sections ranging from 75 miles to 200+ miles. In
each section, there's a trail description (not enough to hike on -- for that
you still need the guidebooks), but written in such a way to help people
figure out if that's a section of trail they'd be interested in hiking. Then
there is interpretive info about the natural history, human history, and
geology (in plain English) of each section, and finally, there is hiker info
(seasonal stuff, gear, thru-hiker tips, best short hikes, and trailheads and
resupplies).

If you'd like a signed copy, you can e-mail me.

Karen Berger