[pct-l] First Horse Lady of the PCT

 Hey Joann, there was a couple with the last name " Murray's " that did the
PCT in I believe summers of 1971 and 1972. They took there young daughter and
one of the their horses had a colt on the trail!!! I think if you look up an
old issue of Life Magazine you will find the story. It delighted the nation
in the early days of the PCT much as did Eric Ryback's book. I met Mrs.
Murray when resupplying in Stevenson Wash. in early Sept. 1977. She told me
her story and I thought," Ya Right!!!" B.S.  Later , at home, I found her
story and wish I'd got her address and had a million questions for her.
Anyway, a horse trip on the PCT must be a planners nightmear.