[pct-l] Water and Hikers Age

 If  " Trubee "  only carries two and a half liters, great. I drink a gallon
a day on a hard hike or climb. If I hike at  20 miles a day, I'll take 2
gallons for a 37 mile hike. If your body breaks down, It would be wise to
pack a little insurance ( snakebite or sprains) . I've met some outstanding
AT hikers in my time who also ate up the PCT as well. This does not make the
AT an equal trail to the PCT in any way. Some AT finishers ( who's names I
can't recall from 77 and who did not complete the PCT )  were not prepared
from their past hike to deal with the snow that the Sierra's bring. Last
year's hike for you Stephen, the desert was damper than normal, water was
more easy to find. Your experience is different than the norm. I would advice
future hiker's to error on the safe side as far as packing water. ( Trubee
likes to live on the edge!! ) Age does not matter in the realm of hiking and
climbing, but if I got beat to the top of  Shasta by a 67 year old woman, I
would quit climbing  or buy a stairmaster. AT hikers can keep talking up
their cute little trail, but it is no comparision to the PCT.  ( Other than
grade, as if than really makes a trail )  The AT is a low level beach hike
for easterners to walk off their winter guts from watching too much hockey.
If given a choice between hiking the AT or I-5 Mexico to Canada , I would
hike I-5 as there is less people and better scenery. Your Buddy from the West.