Re: [pct-l] Trail angels

In a message dated 4/11/00 jimandginnyo write:

<< An unexpected gift of kindness means so much, especially when you are far
 from home.  But the "trail magic" that was expected was sometimes a
disappointment and wasn't always there.  >>

Hikers, if you expect nothing, you won't be disappointed.  Carry enough water
to get you through.  When you really need help, an angel will be there, in my
experience, giving what is needed and taking in return only our thanks,
nothing more.  Don't forget to say, "Thank you!" and, when you have the
opportunity further up the trail (or later on in your life),  try to return
the favor.