[pct-l] End of the PCT Trek Gathering

Come to the end of the season party sponsored by ALDHA-West at the Mazama
Lodge on Government Camp just below Timberline Lodge and the PCT. This
year's event will be held on Friday night around 5 p.m. through Sunday noon
on September 29th, 30th, and October 1st.

This event is dedicated to having fun and learning from each other. It is
for both those who have hiked or for those who are planning to do the PCT,
CDT, AT, or other long distance treks in the future, Sessions on light
weight gear, nutritious food, route finding, etc. are standard. As are slide
shows of the long trails (PCT, AT, CDT) and other special trails. If you
would like to present (volunteer only - no fees), please contact our
coordinator.

Come and share stories of your adventure, your plans. Reconnect with trail
partners, get encouraged to hike next year, find out that there are many
others who share your feelings. Bring your equipment and see what folks have
been talking about on this site.

As with some other things in life, this event is not free. The Mazama Lodge
needs to charge for bunks (bring sleeping bag for dorm rooms) and fantastic
meals (just perfect for those coming off the trail). And we need know how
may are coming so the cooks have food. You pay for what you use, so fees run
from $38 to $65 per person for the whole weekend which gives you up to 6
meals and lodging for both nights.

Rides from Portland can be arranged and many folks in the area will be
willing to put you up. More information will be available a little later.
Please check the ALDHA-West web site at http://www.gorp.com/nonprof/aldhaw/
or contact the Gathering coordinator, Jan McCartan at mccartans@gorge.net

You may contact me at the address below until 04/20/00 when I'm off for the
trail. After that, try me at m_karon@hotmail.com

Hope to see many of you at ADZPCTKO, on the trail, and at the Gathering.
Marshall Karon, President
ALDHA-West
E-mail after 04/20/00:  m_karon@hotmail.com

Work E-Mail: marshall.d.karon@co.multnomah.or.us