No Subject

Hello friends-
I just started subscribing to this list (digest mode) the other day and
thought I would say hello.  My trailname is Israel and I have done two
thru-hikes on the A.T. (GA-PA 93, NE in 97, GA-ME 98)and lots of general
traveling inbetween.  Over the miles I have evolved into lighterweight
techniques- down to about 15 lbs. gear and trail runners, tarp, etc.  I
wouldn't say I've gotten into ultralight, just practical lightweight.  I'm
currently living in Atlanta and admittedly enjoying a divinely beautiful
spring evening.  The trees are GREEN!
Anyway, I have been thinking about a PCT thruhike (next year?) lately and am
going to try and do the JMT this summer if I can get away from work.  I have
to confess though- the entire trail seems very nebulous to me and planning
mail drops and resupplying seems a jumbled mess.  WHereas the A.T. is very
straightfoward and easy to resupply, from my readings thus far, it seems
like a lot of off-PCT travel is required to get some vittles. SO, my current
question:
Where would you all start to get an idea of organizing the logistics of a
PCT thru hike??  I've read Jardine's PCT handbook and I've got the JMT guide
and I've seen Jardine's new book but am not planning on buying it.  Can
these logistical details be ironed out by simply purchasing the actual trail
guides for the states (you know- those big heavy books)?  Forgive me for
asking so soon in the game!  I ought to go ahead and just buy the darn
things and see what I can come up with and THEN ask around if still
confused, but I'll try now anyway.  Are there other books/resources that
would be good to plan trip logistics?  Right now I am planning on getting
the PCT data book and maybe the trail guides (or at least CA for now)as
well.  If the data book is like the A.T. data book, it ought to be good to
get an idea of distances between towns, camping, etc.  Trail guides for the
details of climbs, etc.
Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

-Israel

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you. Bind them around your neck.
Write them on the tablet of your heart." -Proverbs 3:3