Cc:            pct-l@edina.hack.net
From:          Jeffrey Olson <jjolson@uwyo.edu>
Date:          Sun, 09 Apr 2000 12:36:42 -0700
Subject:       Re: [pct-l] preparing for altitude

When I begin a hike it usually takes 2 nights of sleeping at altitude to
adjust.  In the last few years, I have also stopped drinking coffee when I
begin a hike, mostly because it's a diuretic, partly because I like to get up
and go.  The first two days of hiking is always a bit unreal, what with the
altitude and caffeine withdrawl headache and hallucinatory tidbits.  But
they're minor, and then they're gone...

Jeffrey Olson
Laramie, WY, where spring has sprung!!!