[pct-l] Thinsilate Bags

Just as some hikers cannot adapt to the ultra light
> approach, many hikers do not have the strength to do a thru-hike using
> conventional gear. A 65lb. pack may seem harsh to many on this list, but
> offers enough comfort to stay out in any weather to those who can handle
the
> weight. Many hikers choose the Jardine thinking only because they are
unable
> to thru-hike the PCT any other way.
  Amen Brother,
Being 6,4 and 245 pounds of hiker even my fleece alone weighs more then
Ray's Pack!  I can easily handle 50-70 pounds with out a hitch.  Its the
80-100 pound loads in the backcountry up here in Alaska that will put a
strain in your brain!  I have to admit after hiking in wilderness situations
for almost ten years up here in Alaska going without the proper gear can
literally cause your death.  So it's hard for me to handle Ray's concepts
because man... 50 pounds is a day pack for me.  Plus I admit it..my walkman
never leaves my side!  While I was on my AT thru-hike so many hikers at the
beginning were amazed at what I was bringing out of my pack.  In the end
even with all their worry over weight they didn't finish and I did.   Weight
is a mindset and I know most hikers can't carry what us big guys can and
wouldn't want to.  Ray helps a lot of people out there I'm sure.  Now lets
all eat some snickers bars, and Mac and cheese and move on to another
subject.
See you out there...
Dharmabum2000 PCT