[pct-l] Heavy Hiking

> Yes Jeff, I still pack 60lb packs on trips of a week or more! Many
climbers
> are use to carring extra gear. Gear weight in 77 was 5 lbs. 14oz. for
external frame pack,
> now I use a 4lb 8 oz internal. Greg Hummel did a 43 mile day in 77 with a
> loaded Kelty and could have walked Jardine into the ground even if Ray was
> only carrying a popcycle stick. ( in 1977)Boots were heavier. If your hit
the Sierra's
> early, extra gear is needed. What I'm saying is new gear has lightened
loads
> which is good for us. Eight pound packing is really not normal and should
> rate as stunt hiking.

   No Doubt Monte
  If I put my fleece, tent, a few pairs of socks into a plastic bag and duct
tape it to my back it still exceeds the crazy pack weights these people are
coming up with. Maybe the gravity up here in Alaska it just that much more I
don't know!   I think a lot of people are a little obsessed over it all.
Man just go, don't sit there and start giving yourself enemas so your not
carrying so much extra Shit!  I don't think about it so much.  Oh and great
photos by the way Monte , thanks!
Heavy hikers unite!!!!!!