Re: [pct-l] Really? ......

Reynolds, WT wrote:
>  "Federal, state, and local law
> making bodies" are the ONLY way for society as a corporate body to set moral
> concepts?

I think I know what you're "trying" to say, but I'll answer what you
actually "said".

The government - our government - ANY government - has no business
"setting moral concepts".  Their job is to reflect the moral concepts of
those they govern. To the extent that a government imposes morality,
that government is itself illegitimate - as is the "morality" that it
seeks to impose.  Definition of morality is not a government
prerogative.

As far as the rest of the argument - it ain't worth the effort.  Not
with a head of state in this country who violates not only morality and
law, but also the precepts that he claims to believe.

Walk softly - the government is NOT your friend,
Jim