[pct-l] "Rays Way"?

There are some interesting philosophies presented in his book.  With all the
mileage he has covered you can't completely dismiss all of them.  The
lightweight techniques he presents fit his style and experience on the trail.
Many of these are presented in a fashion that tend to over exaggerate reasoning
against using other options.  The best advice is to accept what you can, use
what works for you and keep an open mind.  For example, he has some strong
arguments for using a tarp.  He also has a lot of experience using one, and it
may not be the ticket for someone else.  Reading the section on food, we might
start to think that most of what we eat is bad for us.  Maybe that is so. Maybe
not as much so.  But like the most of the other material in the book, it
represents a different way of thinking about your pack weight and hiking
patterns.  From this, we try to incorporate what we can into our own days on the
trail.

...Kelly