[pct-l] Esbit Stove for two

Subject: [pct-l] Esbit stove for two

On a recent 200 mile hike from Aqua Dulce to Walker Pass we used a Esbit
Stove for two and it worked just fine.  We lit the stove twice a day.
However we  used food that only needed to have boiling water added. (No
simmering) Except for Top Ramen then we just put it all in the pot and
brought it too a boil.

The secret I think is too have a wind screen.  I use a square  of fire
retardent material (taken from an old smoke jumper fire tent)  Set the
stove and the Pot on this and then fold up the material around the whole
thing. There is enough air in there to keep everything burning hot.  If
the ground is tinder dry then you are also fire safe.
This worked for us.

Marge  (the old gal)

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.