[pct-l] Filter Clogging

Just a quick note to Jim Ginny who is getting nowhere with his PUR water filter problem.
I know this will not solve your current problem, but for the future try the MSR Miniworks which weighs 16 oz. It may clog occasionally; how can any filter not clog it it is to stop germs and particles. But the thing is, it is intended that you can quickly rub down the outside of the ceramic filter and take a thin layer of clogged ceramic off. Then your starting fresh with a free flowing filter. They last quite a long time, but I can't say any more than you may need only to use about two filters for a six month hike. Happy pumping.