Re: [pct-l] Dogs on the PCT.........

Bill Irwin (GA-ME '90) would likely remind us that dog guides (Seeing Eye)
are allowed anywhere their owner wishes to take them. Just to give the
regulations a spin of relativity...

I think the best argument against taking a pet on the PCT for any duration
is along Margo's lines. A pet is a slave to our whims, be they good or bad.
Most regulations against dogs are more in the interest of the park's
wildlife and human visitors. But it is the dog's best interests that usually
matter most to the owner, and which are jeopardized on a long trip.
Especially one involving desert travel, I would think.

- Blisterfree