[pct-l] water belt

I was thinkin'  (bad, I know).

So, lets say we have our one pound pack filled with ala RJ 8.5 pounds of gear.
Ok, maybe 10 or 12.

Now, how about a hip belt like hunters use to carry shotgun shells   Only this
one would carry 20 oz or 1 liter water bottles carried upside down or whatever
way worked the best - enough to get us through the upcoming dry stretch.  You
still have the extra weight, but it's all on your hips, and the pack doesn't
have to deal with it.  Some lightweight material and elastic?.....  Maybe the
bottles could even act as a support for the pack.

Has anyone tried something like this? Or am I just dreamin'?

...Kelly