[pct-l] resupplies

Hello, everybody!  The hiking boot vs. running shoe
debate has been stimulating, but can I interject a new
topic?

I'm a PCT 2000 gonna be, but I want to know what you
all think about Chris Bailey's suggestion to resupply
in the towns on/near the trail and maybe mail
resupplies from nearby towns to those resupply points
that don't have much available.  As he suggested,
mailing resupply packages from home (I live in South
Florida) would be VERY expensive.  And it doesn't
allow much flexibility if I get tired of what I'm
sending.  I have the Town Guide and Chris' suggested
resupply points, but they both use very general terms
about the availability of supplies, e.g. "small" and
"medium" stores.  Like Chris, I'm not a hugely picky
eater.  Nor have I ever had any intention of
dehydrating my own food.  But I do want some
reasonably healthy food to eat.  Can it be done this
way?  Or should I bite the bullet and ship from home?

P.S. I will have a drift box of difficult to find
items, like a water filter cartridge, boot laces, etc.
(Not that these are things to eat, mind you).

Sara B.